Visiting Students

Students from other NYU graduate programs are welcome at the Institute of Fine Arts but must consult the Academic Office (212-992-5868, before registering for a course. A student in another university’s graduate art history program may register for courses at the Institute using the Inter-University Doctoral Consortium, or by applying for non-matriculated student status through the Graduate Enrollment Services office of the Graduate School of Arts and Science (212-998-8050).

One or two self-supported students from abroad may be accepted each year as visiting students to the Conservation Center. Students wishing to spend an academic year in residence at the Center must complete the Graduate School of Arts and Science application for admission, stipulating that they intend to attend as a non-degree student.